Are You Ready?

3/9/09

7 Soups in 7 Days: Volume 2 #5



Corn Chowder


You would never believe how much of this I eat in the summer when corn is fresh and abundant. I buy at least 2 dozen ears of corn every week from my "corn-guy" at the West Allis Farmers Market. His corn is so good I eat it raw right off of the cob while I am walking around the market; I usually manage to eat a couple of them as I am walking up and down the aisles. This is simple and here is what you do. in a large soup pot:
Brown 1/2 slab diced salt pork
add 1 diced onion and cook until tender
add 4 sliced potatoes and cook until tender
soak 3-4 thick slices of hearty bread in 2 cups of 1/2 & 1/2
season and add to pot with 3 cups of fresh corn and add topotato mixture.
Bring to as boil and garnish with crisp crumbled bacon and serve with your favorite heatry bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment