Are You Ready?

8/7/09

WHOLLY MACKEREL!!!



MEOW!


Here is a quick and simple treat for your cats. Dogs like them, too! And to be honest: I have tried them myself and they are pretty good! When I came across this, I was surrounded by a bunch of very health conscious people who suggested I try a natural approach when my cat became ill. I was introduced to a group of professional "animal people" in West Hollywood, California. They theorized that most animal ailments could benefit from homeopathic remedies. Weirdos! Well, yes kinda, but under the guidance of these "interesting individuals" we were able to cure Sydney of her illnesses. This is a recipe that I got from the Veterinarian on staff many years ago. I used to make these for Sydney when we lived in Hancock Park in Los Angeles. I was given vitamins that I used to put into this mixture, but it is a great treat without any supplements. Try it for your pets. They are going to love them!


Drain 1 can of mackerel. In a large bowl use a fork to breakdown the mackerel into small flaky pieces. Add 1 - 2 cups of organic wheat germ, 1 large egg and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix well and spoon small dime sized portions onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can roll-out the dough into ropes and cut into small cat-sized pieces. Bake in a 350 degree oven for fifteen minutes and cool completely. Transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 7-9 days.
Your pets are going to love them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment